Monday, October 5, 2009

Music

How is it that this simple tool can transcend the language and cultural barrier to connect and unite peoples? When there is pain or suffering, the graceful notes of music can begin to heal. When there is doubt and disillusionment a few encouraging sounds can motivate millions.

Music is my balm, my voice, my anguish and my joy. I do not just like music. I need it. I need to hear the rhythm and the melody mixed with harmony. The words are important, but are not critical. Some of the best music is without a single verse.

Why am I writing this you ask? I am, right now, washing in the flow of notes that are moving me beyond myself into an alternate awareness. I connect and move within this world and open up to that which is beyond.

Cheesy? Maybe, but I can live with a little cheese here and there in order to grow and evolve.

No comments: